Review added: 0 | Views: 5017 | Comments: 1
Engine: 3,4, DOHC, 275 h.p
Transmission: 5 steps Automatic
Body: 5 doors crossover,
Milleage: 1 th. miles
We traveled down to the New Hampshire area for the holidays, and this is where
the car really impressed me, here's why:
1) I love the stereo... this is the first time I've been able to listen to my MP3 player in a car without an FM modulator and having to find an unused radio frequency. Plus, the stereo plays MP3 disks, not to mention the steering wheel stereo controls are great.
2) I have 2 small kids, and the amount of stuff that they brought down with them... Еhis stuff fit in the larger Accord... we were worried that all the stuff would not fit and we would have to leave stuff behind.. but everything fit nicely.
3) The legroom and elbow room is perfect for a long drive. Especially with 2 small kids.
4) The Accord with the Vehicle Stability Assist and Traction Control did better than my brother in law's CRV... which ended up stuck in his driveway... and his neighbor's Suburban which was stuck in the middle of the street! I was very apprehensive, but the Accord managed to get through their unplowed street with no issues whatsoever! It may be an illusion, but it also seems that my new Accord has more ground clearance than previous Accord... bumpers seemed to line up more with bro-in-law's CRV...
5) The engine seemed smoother than my old Accord... and I was able to make the trip from Western NJ to Southern Maryland and back on one tank of gas without refuelling!!! I found that very impressive.
But so far... I think this larger Accord will suit my family just fine. I am glad I bought it.
Three things that concern me are:
1) Road noise at highway speed was noticeable... but maybe because of the quality of the road.
2) Headlights could be brighter. Wish I had fog lights. Also wish heated mirrors came with this package.
3) I am worried about the rear brake pad issue that so many have experienced, and also the AC condenser being vulnerable to damage from road debris... but we will have to see what happens in a few thousand miles.